Chef Moe's Guacamole
2 Fresh, ripe avocados - peeled, pitted, and diced 1/4 Red onion, diced 1 Pablano pepper (or choice of pepper), seeded and minced 1 Large garlic clove, fresh minced 1/2 Teaspoon salt 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper 3 Drops of hot sauce (optional) 1 Tbsp cilantro leaves,minced/chopped 1 Tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
Directions: 1) In a bowl, using a fork, smash the avocado to desired consistency. 2) Add onion, pablano pepper, salt, pepper, garlic, hot sauce, minced cilantro leaves and mix. 3) Stir in lemon juice and serve immediately. 4) To store for later use, place avocado pit in the bowl with the guacamole and then cover with plastic wrap, pressing the wrap down to the surface of the guacamole and store in refrigerator. By doing this it will delay the browning process.
Pumpkin Pancakes with Sauteed Apples & Caramel Sauce
2 Cups all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1-3/4 Cups milk
3 Eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 Cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp. Ground Ginger
1/8 tsp. Ground Cloves
1/4 cup Butter or Margarine
1. In a large bowl combine flour and other dry ingredients. In a second bowl combine eggs and remaining ingredients. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture until slightly lumpy.
2. Heat a lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat. For each pancake pour 1/4 cup batter onto griddle. Cook until golden; turn when tops are bubbly and edges are slightly dry (1 to 2 minutes per side).
1) In a Saucepan stir and bring to a simmer: 1 Stick Butter or Margarine, 1 1/2 cups Dark Brown Sugar and 1 1/4 cup Light Corn Syrup. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes on medium low heat.
2) Whisk in 1 pint Heavy Whipping Cream. Cool slightly and serve.
** Top with Sliced Granny Smith Apples that are sauteed in butter until slightly Golden Brown.
Leftover Halloween Candy Fudge-24 pieces
3 Cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14 ounce) Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
Pinch of salt (optional)
1/4 Cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 1/2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 Cup chewy chunked up Halloween Candy of your choice (examples: Candy Bars, Caramels, Candy Corn, Gummy Candies, Nerds, Rice Crispy Treats etc..)
1) In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt.
2) Remove from heat; stir in nuts (optional) and vanilla.
3) Spread evenly into wax-paper-lined 8- or 9-inch square pan. Chill 2 hours or until firm.
4) Lift fudge out of pan and place onto cutting board; peel off paper and cut into squares.
5) Store covered in refrigerator.
Chef Moe’s Berry Cobbler
Filling Ingredients: 3/4 Cup sugar 2 Tbsp Cornstarch 2 –1 pound bags mixed frozen berries
Dough Ingredients: 1 1/3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 3/4 cup sugar 5 tablespoons melted butter
Berry Filling: Whisk sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl. Add berries to bowl and toss to coat. Transfer berry mixture to a 2-quart baking dish about 2" deep.
Crumb Topping: Whisk flour and sugar in a medium bowl. Add butter; using fingertips rub in butter until crumb dough forms. Evenly sprinkle crumb topping over berry mixture.
Position a rack in middle of oven and preheat to 375°F. Bake until fruit is bubbling and topping is cooked through and golden all over, about 35-45 minutes.
Allow to cool at least 30 minutes; serve with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream.
Chef Moe’s Creamy Mac and Cheese with Bacon Topping
Serves 8 to 10
12 Ounces elbow macaroni, about 3 cups dry 1/2 Stick butter 1/2 Cup Onion, small diced
1/2 Cup all-purpose flour 3 Cups milk Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste 1 Pound of bacon, cooked, drained, crumbled 3 Cups sharp cheddar cheese, divided
Topping: 2 cup soft bread crumbs 3 tablespoons butter, meltedDirections: 1) Cook macaroni follow package directions. Drain in a colander, rinse with hot water & set aside. 2) Heat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a 2 1/2-quart baking dish. 3) In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
4) Add the onions, cook and stir for about 1 minute.
5) Add the flour and stir until well blended and smooth. 6) Add the milk, cook and stir until thickened. Stir in salt and pepper, to taste. 7) Remove 1/2 cup of the cheese and set aside. Stir the remaining 1 1/2 cups of cheese into the sauce and continue cooking until cheese is melted. 8) Combine the cheese sauce with the drained macaroni and spoon into the prepared baking dish. 9) Sprinkle bacon evenly over the casserole and top with the reserved 1/2 cup of cheese. 10) Toss bread crumbs with 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of melted butter and sprinkle over the casserole. 11) Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbly. Enjoy!!
Chef Moe’s Real Sausage GravyServes 8
1 Pound bulk pork sausage (Mild) 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour 2 Cups milk (2% or whole) Salt and Black Pepper to taste Directions: 1) Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add the sausage, break into chunks and brown. 2) Add the flour and cook until dissolved, about 1 minute. 3) Stir in the milk and cook slowly, whisking frequently, until the gravy is very thick and bubbly. You can add more milk later if you need to thin the gravy. 4) Salt and black pepper to taste – Don’t be afraid to add liberally. 5) Serve with hot biscuits. Enjoy!!
White Wine Pasta
1 Pound of pasta cooked to taste 4 Garlic cloves, chopped or 2 tsp granulated garlic4 Tbsp unsalted butter 1/2 Tsp freshly ground pepper
1/2 Cup white wine 1/2 Cup chopped parsley 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese (or Asiago)Directions:
1. Heat butter over medium heat. 2. Add garlic and sauté until golden, about 1-2 minutes. 3. Add pepper and white wine, bring to a simmer. 4. Toss cooked pasta in sauce and stir 2 minutes. 5. Remove from heat and toss in parsley and cheese. Enjoy!
Chef Moe’s Caramel Sauce
1 Stick butter or margarine 2 Cups dark brown sugar 2 Cups corn syrup (light) 1 Cup (8oz) heavy cream
Directions: 1) In a sauce pot, melt butter on medium to high heat. 2) Add brown sugar and light corn syrup and bring to a boil. 3) Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. 4) Pull off burner and immediately whisk in the heavy cream. 5) Cool and use as desired. 6) Keep refrigerated. Enjoy!!!
Butternut Squash Soup
Ingredients: 6 Cups cooked, pureed butternut squash 3 Cups water 4 Cubes chicken bouillon 1/2 Cup dark brown sugar 1 Tsp cinnamon 1/4 Tsp ground black pepper 1 Pint heavy cream
Directions: 1) In a large saucepan mix together squash, water, bouillon, brown sugar, cinnamon and black pepper. Bring to a simmer for 20 minutes 2) Turn heat to low and add heavy cream. Allow to slowly heat without boiling.
Chef Moe’s Fresh Broccoli Salad
Serves 6-8 people
5 to 6 Cups fresh broccoli florets, bite sized pieces 1/2 Cup raisins or Craisins 1/2 Cup shredded cheddar Cheese 1/2 Cup cooked, crumbled bacon 1/4 Cup of red onion, chopped
Dressing: 1 1/2 Cups mayonnaise 1/4 Cup red wine vinegar 1/4 to 1/2 Cup sugar, or to taste Pinch of pepper
Directions: 1) Combine together broccoli florets, raisins, cheddar, crumbled bacon and chopped onion in a large bowl.
2) In a separate bowl or large cup, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, pepper and sugar.
3) Add dressing to the salad and toss to mix well.
4) Chill thoroughly before serving.
Caramelized Drunk Onion and Brie Stuffed BurgersMakes 6 large burgers
Caramelized Drunk Onions: 2 Tbsp Butter 1 Large onion, thinly sliced 1/4 Cup Red Wine 1/2 Tsp salt
Directions: 1) Heat butter in a large saute pan over medium low heat.
2) Once hot, add onions and sprinkle with salt.
3) Cook slowly, stirring frequently, until a caramel brown color and soft, about 15 to 20 minutes.
4) Add the Red Wine and cook 5 more minutes.
** (Do not let them get crispy. Reduce heat if necessary to keep them from burning or crisping.)Burgers Ingredients:
2 lbs ground beef
1/2 Teaspoon salt 1/2 Teaspoon ground pepper 4 oz Brie cheese, cut into small pieces
Directions: 1) Burgers, combine beef, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix by hand to combine well and divide into 6 even portions. 2) Take 1 half of each portion and form into a thin patty. Top each thin patty with some of the brie and onions, then top with remaining half of each portion and form around cheese and onions, into one large patty. 3) Cook burgers on pre-heated grill about 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium. Cook slightly less for medium-rare and slightly more for medium-well. Meat should register at least 125°F (50°C) to 130°F (55°C) on an instant-read thermometer. 4) Remove from grill and let sit 5 minutes.
5 Cheese Stuffed Chicken
1/2 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese 1/2 Cup shredded provolone cheese 1/4 Cup crumbled feta cheese 1/4 Cup shredded asiago cheese 1/4 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese 1 TBSP Italian seasonings 1/2 Teaspoon granulated garlic
Combine all above ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside. For each Chicken Breasts – Boneless/Skinless
Rinse and cut small hole from thick end to the middle of the breast, creating a pocket for stuffing.For Breading: Italian style bread crumbs (separate bowl) 4 Each eggs beaten (separate bowl) 2 Cups all purpose flour (separate bowl) Pinch of Salt and Pepper * Mix together in a bowl and set aside. Directions: 1) Divide out cheese mixture into fourths and squeeze together in balls. 2) Stuff into pocket of chicken and pack tight. 3) Dredge chicken breast in flour, and then dip into eggs beaten and then coat with breadcrumbs
and press breading with hands to insure good coating. 4) Place on greased baking sheet and bake in oven @ 375° for 45 minutes or until done all the way
5) Serve with marinara sauce. Enjoy!
All recipes are made with LOTS of LOVE!!